NEW!!! Classroom Rules & Quotes

I think that one of our greatest jobs as teachers is to inspire our students to aspire for greatness. Of course, we need tons of creative strategies and resources to implement successful instruction, but if our kids are not given a purpose for learning or taught to have a desire to achieve...what progress are we actually making? The same is true for adults. I think that everyone needs  a little motivational massage every now and then. It's good for the soul! ;)




Once of my all-time favorite parts of my classroom is my "Desire to Inspire" quote wall! You've seen it before! It looks a little something like this…

This is what our quote wall looked like in my room at the end of the year. I covered the inside of each frame with a black piece of construction paper and would reveal a new quote each month. 

How does it work? 

Okay, so how can we use the words of others to inspire our students?!? At the beginning of the year, I decorated my room with several of the quotes from my Desire to Inspire Pack. They make super cute decorations, but are super awesome motivators for the kids later on. I then covered each quote with a black piece of paper so they remained top secret {which made the kids giddy!} Each month, I revealed a new quote/inspirational message.

I didn't want these to be merely words. I wanted the students to use these words to push them towards achieving things they never dreamed possible. We would discuss each quote, what it meant, and then we would journal about how we could use the words to inspire us. That gave meanings to each quote, made them memorable, and it stuck with the kids for quite some time. I would even hear them discussing them at different points in the year! :) 

Desire to Inspire

I had many suggestions for some other color schemes, so here is my newest version…a little primary action. ;) This set also includes inspirational note cards to give to students throughout the year, and some flip journaling pages! Check it out below! 









All three of my Desire to Inspire sets will be on SALE today in my TPT shop! 


           

Version 1: Original (includes quotes and rules)
Version 2: Chalkboard brights and pastels (includes quotes and rules)
Version 3: Chalkboard & white primary 
(includes quotes, rules, note cards, and journal pages)

While you are there, you can also check out some motivational bracelets that serve as a good reminder of our inspirational words…

Slide1Slide1
Here is a look at just a few of the bracelets included in the pack!
Also included in this pack are bracelets that remind students about our quotes found on our inspirational words wall from my Desire to Inspire Pack!

Here is a look at what is included:
Slide1
Slide2

How do you inspire your students throughout the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment